Adapted from somewhere…
- 6 chicken drumsticks, skin-on
- garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt
- 1/4 stick of butter
- a twig of fresh thyme (if dried thyme, about 1/2 teaspoon)
- Put 10″ cast iron pan into oven @ 450 degrees F.
- Mix garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt in a small bowl. Taste.
- Cover 6 chicken drumsticks with this spice mix.
- Take cast iron pan out of oven (leave oven on!) and put hot cast iron pan on the stovetop.
- Melt the 1/4 stick of butter (no need to light the stove because the pan is still extremely hot).
- Put a twig of fresh thyme (I use dried thyme, about 1/2 teaspoon that’s enough to cover the pan).
- Add the chicken into pan, coat the chicken with this butter-thyme sauce.
- Put the pan back into the hot oven, bake it for 15 minutes (no need to cover them), take the pan out and flip the chickens, then back into the oven for another 10-15 minutes.
- Take it out of oven and let it cool in the pan for 5 minutes or so.
- Plate the chicken, then pour the pan sauce over and serve.
You won’t believe how juicy it is, and very tasty. I used smoked paprika because that is all I have. It’s really good, people who tried my chicken later on asked me for the recipe. Good luck!