Adapted from Joy Food Sunshine
- 5 oz arugula mix
- 1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup Fresh basil, torn in shreds
- 8 oz Burrata cheese
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 TBS honey
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- pinch salt and pepper
- Put all the dressing ingredients (balsamic, olive oil, honey, mustard, salt and pepper) in a small bowl and whisk to combine. Set aside but do not chill.
- Place the arugula in a salad bowl
- Slice the tomatoes in half, and place them on top of the spring mix. Add the burrata cheese on top of this.
- Sprinkle sea salt and fresh black pepper on top of each burrata cheese round, to taste.
- Drizzle with your desired amount of dressing. Serve.
Jesse had never tried burrata before, whereas I considered it one of the great salad toppers. We picked up all of the ingredients from the Roosevelt Island Farmers’ Market, including good ($13 eek) burrata from Hoboken Farms, and used fresh basil from our basil plant.