Adapted from Unicorns in the Kitchen
- 8 tbsp unsalted butter
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 8 oz chocolate chips
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- Preheat the oven to 350 deg F. Coat an 8×8 baking pan with non stick spray and line with a parchment paper.
- Place butter, sugar and chocolate in a pan over medium heat until all melted. Let cool for a minute.
- Mix in the eggs one at a time using an electric mixer (this is important). Beat very well after each addition.
- Add in vanilla and cocoa powder. Mix well.
- Transfer the brownie batter into the prepared baking pan. Pound the pan on the counter twice.
- Bake in the heated oven for 25 minutes until the top is crackled.
Tips: It’s best to melt the butter, sugars and chocolate in a sauce pan over medium heat and NOT to use a microwave. Make sure all the ingredients are well mixed. Since this flourless brownie recipe has no leavening agent such as baking powder, over-mixing won’t cause a problem. Don’t over bake the brownies. We did not have nonstick spray — just the parchment paper. These kind of tasted like flourless chocolate cake — so really, no one could be disappointed. Mookie the cat got chastised for walking across the counter to inspect the mixing bowl (it was too far from his usual perch on the high chair by the bar counter).