- 2-3 medium yellow potatoes, unpeeled and sliced into 3/4″ to 1″ thick pieces
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 carrots, sliced into 1/2″ thick rounds
- 4 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 large zucchini, sliced into 3/4″ thick rounds
- 2 red, yellow or orange bell peppers, cut into 1″ pieces
- 1.5 Tbsp garlic salt, or to taste
- Freshly grated black pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tbsp. Canola or olive oil
- 4 skin-on chicken thighs
- Preheat oven to 425° F. In a large bowl, combine potatoes, carrots, onion, oil, garlic, 3/4 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon rosemary and 1/2 teaspoon pepper; toss to coat.
- In a small bowl, mix paprika and the remaining salt, rosemary and pepper. Sprinkle chicken with paprika mixture; arrange over potatoes and carrots. Transfer to a Dutch oven or baking pan coated with olive oil, roast uncovered at 450˚F for 10 minutes. The chicken will roast until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 170°-175° and vegetables are just tender (about 35-40 minutes total).
- Combine the zucchini, bell peppers, and 1/2 the garlic. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Remove roasting pans from the oven and quickly place the rest of the vegetables evenly over the top. Return to the oven and roast an additional 20-25 minutes or until potatoes and carrots are tender and easily pierced with a fork.
- Remove chicken to a serving platter; keep warm. Roast until vegetables are tender, 8-10 minutes longer. Stir vegetables to combine; serve with chicken.
I had the vegetables I wanted for my classic vegetable soup dish, but no pot or Dutch oven big enough to hand blend it. So I thought to try out the glass Pyrex baking pan I just acquired and bake some this cold weekend for dinner. The vegetables (especially the potatoes) took a decent extra time to cook through, but the Staub Enameled Cast Iron Fry Pan cooked considerably more than the Pyrex Glass Baking Dish. THIS TASTES SO GOOD.. I never got tired of reheating leftovers. In fact, it tasted better each time.