Adapted from Damn Delicious. Prepares 4 meals
- 4 oz. sharp two-year aged Cheddar cheese, cubed
- 4 oz. of Brie wedge
- 4 oz. of Gouda
- 2 Braeburn apples, washed and halved (I cut carrot wedges)
- 2 cups of grapes, washed (I used 20 grape tomatoes)
- 4 Ozery Bakery Morning Round Pita Breads, or 20 nine-grain crackers
- 1 cup Hummus, divided (saved for next time, I need little cups!)
- fresh lemon juice, optional for apple slices (I had hard-boiled eggs)
- Place fruit, carrot, celery, apple, peanut butter, cheese and pita bread into meal prep containers.
The only fruit I’m fond of are berries, and since they’re not in season, I subbed with vegetables. Grape tomatoes instead of grapes. Carrots instead of apples. I added elements of my other favorite protein boxes, like the PB&J and the hard-boiled egg (although I want to see if I can get good enough to make soft-boiled eggs!) Instead of Brie and gouda, I used Havarti (on sale at WF) and Queso Oaxaca cheese and Dubliner Cheese wedges and leftover Longhorn (Colby) Cheddar.
365 Multigrain Bread $3.39
Roth Original Havarti cheese $2.99
365 Grape Tomatoes 1 pint $2.49
2 Organic Loose Carrots $0.62