- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup of mozzarella, diced small
- 1 slice of prosciutto, torn
- 1 small onion, minced (I didn’t have, but used ½ a green bell pepper instead)
- a pat of butter
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Melt butter in a non stick frying pan.
- Add vegetables and sauté until translucent, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add prosciutto and cook until a little bit crispy, another 3-5 minutes.
- Pour egg mixture over everything and cook until almost set.
- At the end add mozzarella cheese and cook it until the cheese melts.
- Serve immediately with a piece of fresh bread on a side.
I picked up some Pão de Queijo (Brazilian cheese bread) which I love, especially slightly heated up. Using more eggs would have made a better base to hold everything together, but cooking for one! The Italian translation would be “Uova strapazzate con prosciutto crudo” — check out this video I found! Parsley would look good on this. I’ve been picking up $2 potted flowers ever since my aunt got me the holiday Poinsettia (which suffered from extreme cold migrating during winter break and lost 75% of its leaves and petals).