Adapted from Platings and Pairings. Prepares 4 meals.
- 8 tbsp (32 g) Peanut butter (I find almond butter less tasty)
- 4 tbsp (16 g) Bonne Maman mixed berry preserves
- 4 Whole-wheat whole Grain Bread slices / 1 Whole Wheat Pita halved
- 4 string Cheeses (or 4 oz. of mixed cheeses, like I did!)
- 40 mixed Nuts (optional)
- 4 Mandarin oranges
- 20 Grape Tomatoes
- 20 Baby Carrots
- 2 celery stalks, cut into 1/2-inch sticks
- 2 Bell Peppers, cut into 1/2-inch sticks (optional)
- 24 Cucumber slices (optional)
- PB&J the sandwich thins, then slice in half. Cut the carrots / celery to bite size. Add the rest of the ingredients.
Please ignore the actual Starbucks fruit & nut packs in the photos, I just saved them since forever and wanted to use them up. ^_^ I tried the cucumber slices previously but they would retain so much moisture and get everything soggy. Same problem with hummus without having a cupcake paper or something to hold its viscous mass.
3 lbs. Mandarins $5.99
Oaxaca cheese $4.99
Queso de Papa $1.99
Arnold Sandwich Thins $4.29
Grape Tomatoes $2.50
Carrots and Celery, sliced $2.21
$21.97 plus leftovers