- 500 g bavette or linguini fine (I used Rotelle no. 54, not a long pasta at all)
- extra-virgin olive oil
- 110 g butter
- freshly ground black pepper
- freshly grated Cacio di Roma (did not have)
- freshly grated Pecorino Romano (used Parmigiano-Reggiano)
- 2 pinches of Kosher salt
- Heat the olive oil in a pan on low.
- Cook the pasta al dente. Drain but reserve the pasta water.
- Add the pasta to the pan. Add the butter and toss. Add cheeses and pepper. Serve immediately.
This time I stuck with the traditional (although I only possessed one kind of cheese). It was savory.