- 300 g waxy potatoes
- 1 onion
- olive oil
- 5 large free-range eggs
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced thin and short
- Peel the potatoes then slice thin. Pat dry. Peel and finely slice the onion.
- Drizzle Spanish olive oil into a small frying pan over medium heat, then add the onion and potatoes, alternating layers of potatoes with the onions. Turn the heat down to low and cook for 25-30 minutes covered. Do not stir it or the potatoes will break up.
- Crack the eggs into a mixing bowl, season with a pinch of sea salt and black pepper, then whisk together. When the onions and potatoes are cooked, remove the pan from the heat and add the eggs. Return the pan to cook over low heat for around 20 minutes, then loosen the sides of the tortilla.
- Carefully flip the pan over a dinner plate and tip out the tortilla, then slide it back into the pan and cook for another 5 minutes, or until golden and cooked through.
- Cut into 6 wedges and serve hot.
I burned the bottom a little video chatting with a friend, but it still tastes great, and I flipped it with a pot lid!