- soy sauce
- a pinch of raw sugar, if you have it
- minced ginger
- minced garlic
- .785 lbs (350 g) salmon fillet
- sriracha sauce
- Mix the marinade, and marinate salmon for 30 minutes or more in a glass bowl.
- Bring the salmon to room temperature 10 minutes before cooking.
- Warm a large nonstick skillet with olive oil/butter over medium-low heat. Season the fish with salt and pepper.
- Raise the heat to medium-high until oil is shimmering. Place the salmon, skin-side up in the pan. Press firmly in place for 10 seconds, using the back of a flexible fish spatula, to prevent the skin from buckling. Cook until golden brown on 1 side, pressing gently on back of fillets occasionally to ensure good contact with skin, until skin releases easily from pan, about 4 minutes. Turn the fish over with a spatula, and cook until it feels firm to the touch and the skin is crisp if desired, about 3 minutes more.
- The skin can be served or removed easily with a knife or spoon.
- Transfer to a plate and serve as desired.
We served it with rice and spinach, but I would have really liked it with some broccoli and roasted potatoes. Also we removed the skin, but it browned beautifully.