- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter, room temperature
- 4 slices sourdough bread
- 2 slices cheddar cheese
- 2 slices Swiss cheese (can try smoked gouda)
- 2 slices American cheese (I like goat Brie more)
- Butter both sides of the bread. Add cheese to one side.
- Fry in pan until cheese melts on top.
- Put the slices together and fry a little more in the pan, flipping once.
- Serve hot.
A classic Grilled Cheese involves 1 slice of cheddar per bread slice. The first time I added muenster and crumbled goat cheese, garnished with a side of kale chips. (Because there was cheese in the fridge that needed to be used, if you know what I mean). Next time I will add more cheddar and a little less goat cheese (strong flavor overpowers the sandwich).
EDIT: Attempt #2 with updated recipe details. And eaten with the delectable spring vegetable soup (I added leeks!).