Adapted from Tyler Florence
- 2 bags of baby spinach
- unsalted butter + extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, lightly smashed
- heavy cream
- pinch of freshly ground nutmeg
- 50 g freshly grated Parmesan
- Kosher salt + freshly ground black pepper
- Wash the spinach several times. Drain the spinach.
- Heat the butter and oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat and add the garlic. Cook until fragrant, then add the spinach, turning frequently, until the spinach has wilted down evenly.
- Remove the garlic and drain the spinach in a colander. Press out as much liquid as possible.
- Heat the skillet again over medium-high heat and add the cream and nutmeg; cook until it reduces a bit, about 5 minutes.
- Add the spinach and parmesan and season with salt and pepper. Cook until the spinach is hot, about 5 more minutes.
- Serve immediately.