Adapted from Tyler Florence
- 4 Yukon gold potatoes, skin on
- 2 garlic cloves
- whole milk
- heavy cream
- 1 sprig fresh thyme /sage /rosemary
- salt and pepper
- Scrub then chop potatoes. Add to pot, then cover halfway in milk, then cover fully in the cream, add the butter and olive oil.
- Add garlic, and thyme. Bring to boil, cook until tender.
- When the potatoes are tender, set a colander over a bowl. Pour the potatoes through the colander, and the cream will collect on the bottom. Put the potatoes back into the pot, mash them, and fold the potato-infused garlic cream back into the potatoes.
- Salt and pepper to taste. Serve warm, with a pat of butter.