- box of fresh mushrooms, halved lengthwise if large
- 2 spoons of capers, rinsed and chopped
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 50 g unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 50 g vegetable oil
- splash of fresh lemon juice
- some chopped flat-leaf parsley
- crusty bread, to serve
- Preheat oven to 450°F with rack in middle.
- Toss mushrooms with capers, garlic, oil, 1/8 teaspoon salt and several grinds of pepper in a 1 1/2- to 2-qt shallow baking dish.
- Top with butter and roast, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms are tender and golden and bubbly garlic sauce forms below, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Stir in lemon juice and parsley.
- Serve immediately, with crusty bread on the side for swiping up the juices.
My all-time favorite appetizer. Mix ingredients in a baking pan and pop it into the oven — so easy!